If you are a university student or aspiring graduate thinking about your future career, TAP (Tamil Association of Professionals) in conjunction with the Tamil Society at London School of Economics have the perfect event aimed at bringing together professionals and recruiters to help you figure out how best to take the next steps.
This event is not exclusively aimed at university students, but also more broadly at young professionals who are thinking about career progression, moving jobs, and how to better position themselves for success.
– Agenda –
6.30-7.00 – How to build your résumé
– CV writing skills and tips, what to say and what not to say
7.00-7.30 – Graduate Recruiter HR talk from BNP Paribas Investment Bank
– Overview of the graduate process from HR perspective discussing:
– background preparation needed for an interview
– succeeding in one on one interviews
– succeeding in group interview exercises
7.30-9.00 – Industry specific breakout sessions
– Professionals talk about a day in a life of their role and give tailored career advice to attendees. This is an opportunity for attendees to network with professionals in specific industries of their interest.
– Industries –
Investment Strategy (Citi Private Bank)
Investment Management (Schroders)
Risk (Barclays and Nomura)
Trading (AGD Market Making)
Finance in Retail Banking
Financial Services Litigation Law (Eversheds)
Business & Finance Services Law (FTPA)
Property Law (Srikanth & Co.)
Civil Engineering (Waterman)
Chemical Engineering (MedImmune)
Programming (Channel 5)
HR (BNP Paribas)
Cultural Arts (Science Museum)
Entrepreneurship (WealthKernel and GoHustle)
Snacks will be served during networking, and this is an opportunity for you to ask all your burning questions.
– Registration Details –
Space is limited at LSE, so please RSVP to guarantee your place. If you are attending, you can make the most out of this event by bringing your CV for critical review. Additionally, if you’d like to see any other industries on the list, drop us a mail at email@example.com, and we will do our best to facilitate this.